Mission and Values
The Asylum Seeker Advocacy Project (ASAP) believes that asylum seekers can make great change by standing together. We provide our membership of asylum seekers with legal and community support. And we work with our members — over 500,000 asylum seekers — to build a more welcoming United States. ASAP members come from more than 175 countries and live in every U.S. state and territory.
Asylum seekers travel thousands of miles, often braving dangerous terrain, to bring their families to safety. We recognize their strength and provide them with the tools they need to keep their families safe and help their children thrive. We are creative, collaborative, and nonpartisan. And we believe all asylum seekers deserve to find safe haven in the United States.
What We Do
- Connect: ASAP harnesses the power of technology to build the largest community of asylum seekers in U.S. history.
- Support: ASAP supports members as they navigate the immigration system—through breaking news alerts, a virtual legal help desk, and in-depth resources accessed millions of times per year.
- Change: ASAP works alongside asylum seekers to build the immigration system they want—pursuing change through litigation, strategic communications, and other forms of member-led advocacy.
ASAP is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Below are our most recent annual reports.
- 2021-2022 ASAP Annual Report
- 2020-2021 ASAP Annual Report
- 2019-2020 ASAP Annual Report
- 2018-2019 ASAP Annual Report
- 2017-2018 ASAP Annual Report
- 2016-2017 ASAP Annual Report
- Become a Member
- Sign up for ASAP’s email list
- Follow ASAP on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Jobs and Internships