Mission and Values
The Asylum Seeker Advocacy Project (ASAP) believes that asylum seekers can make great change by standing together. We provide our membership of asylum seekers with legal and community support. And we work with our members — over 450,000 asylum seekers — to build a more welcoming United States. ASAP members come from more than 175 countries and live in every U.S. state and territory.
Asylum seekers travel thousands of miles, often braving dangerous terrain, to bring their families to safety. We recognize their strength and provide them with the tools they need to keep their families safe. We are creative, collaborative, and nonpartisan. And we believe all asylum seekers deserve to find safe haven in the United States.
What We Do
- Digital Community – ASAP harnesses the power of technology to build the largest community of asylum seekers in U.S. history.
- Legal Resources – ASAP creates resources that help asylum seekers navigate the legal system, stay up-to-date on critical news, and succeed in their cases.
- Member-Led Advocacy – ASAP works with members to set advocacy goals and fight for a United States that welcomes asylum seekers, through litigation, press, and policy.
ASAP is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Below are our most recent annual reports.
- 2021-2022 ASAP Annual Report
- 2020-2021 ASAP Annual Report
- 2019-2020 ASAP Annual Report
- 2018-2019 ASAP Annual Report
- 2017-2018 ASAP Annual Report
- 2016-2017 ASAP Annual Report
- Become a Member
- Sign up for ASAP’s email list
- Follow ASAP on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Jobs and Internships