We are so excited to announce that several staff members of the Asylum Seeker Advocacy Project (ASAP) have received national fellowships in recent months! These fellowships will play a critical role in expanding ASAP’s work as our membership continues to grow.
- Emerson Collective Dial Fellowship: Conchita Cruz, Co-Executive Director, has been named a Dial Fellow to support ASAP’s communications work placing asylum seekers at the center of the public narrative around asylum.
- Fast Forward Tech Accelerator: Ngan Tran, Founding Engineer, and Swapna Reddy, Co-Executive Director, were accepted into the Fast Forward Tech Accelerator, which will support ASAP’s work to develop a digital hub for members to access resources, connect with each other, and act collectively.
- FUEL for 50: Several ASAP staff members are participating in the Robin Hood Foundation’s FUEL for 50 initiative to sustain ASAP’s efforts to secure work permits for asylum-seeking families in New York City.
- GLG Social Impact Fellowship: Swapna Reddy, Co-Executive Director, has been named a GLG Social Impact Fellow, enabling ASAP to access expert technical guidance as it scales to welcome more than 300,000 asylum-seeking members.
- Justice Catalyst Fellowship: Ming Tanigawa-Lau, Litigation Staff Attorney, has been named a Justice Catalyst Fellow to support her work to involve thousands of ASAP’s members in litigation strategy and decisions.
- Open Society Foundations’ Soros Justice Fellowship: Leidy Perez-Davis, Policy Director, has been named a Soros Justice Fellow to build a policy team that centers asylum seekers as they chart the aims and strategies of the movement to save asylum. Leidy is currently on leave from ASAP to work in the White House as a Special Assistant to the President for Immigration, and she will be back with us upon completion of her work there!
- Skadden Fellowship: Cristina Moreno, a former Policy and Legal Intern, has been named a Skadden Fellow to provide member leaders with legal representation and to ensure that members can voice their opinions through notice and comment procedures.
Thank you to these amazing institutions for recognizing the work of our wonderful staff!