The Asylum Seeker Advocacy Project (ASAP) believes that asylum seekers can make great change by standing together. We provide our membership of asylum seekers with legal and community support. And we work with our members — over 500,000 asylum seekers — to build a more welcoming United States. ASAP members come from more than 175 countries and live in every U.S. state and territory.
Asylum seekers travel thousands of miles, often braving dangerous terrain, to bring their families to safety. We recognize their strength and provide them with the tools they need to keep their families safe. We are creative, collaborative, and nonpartisan. And we believe all asylum seekers deserve to find safe haven in the United States.
ASAP is seeking a Director of Engineering to oversee the development and management of its technology infrastructure and team. This role will report to ASAP Co-Executive Director Swapna Reddy. Come join us!
- Lead and manage the current engineering team of contract software developers
- Hire, train, and supervise at least one additional full-time team member
- Develop and execute a technology strategy that supports ASAP’s mission and goals
- Manage and maintain the organization’s technology infrastructure, including servers, databases, and software systems
- Oversee the development and implementation of technology projects and initiatives, including web applications and data management tools
- Collaborate with other teams within ASAP to ensure that technology supports their work and goals
- Stay up-to-date with the latest technology trends and best practices and ensure that the engineering team is using industry-standard tools and methodologies
- Establish and maintain relationships with external technology vendors and partners
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- At least 8-10 years of experience in software development and engineering, with at least 3-5 years of experience in a leadership or management role
- Experience managing a team of software developers and data analysts
- Strong technical skills in software development, data management, and infrastructure management
- Experience developing APIs
- Experience with data management tools such as SQL databases
- Experience with cloud computing platforms such as AWS
- Experience with Python
- Experience working with non-profit organizations or in a mission-driven environment preferred
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Strong leadership and team management skills
- Commitment to ASAP’s mission and values
Salary & Benefits
Salary for this position is commensurate with qualifications, with a range of $180,000-$200,000.
ASAP offers an incredible benefits package including:
- Employer-paid health insurance (100% for employees and 50% for dependents)
- Employer-paid dental and vision insurance (100% for employees and dependents)
- A 401K retirement plan including employer matching up to 4%
- 20 paid holidays annually, including two full weeks of paid office closure
- 25 days of paid time-off annually (vacation, personal, and sick time)
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
Remote in any of the 50 U.S. states, excluding territories.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit their resume at this link. If you have questions, please email [email protected]
ASAP is an equal opportunity employer. ASAP strongly encourages asylum seekers, immigrants, Black people, Indigenous people, and people of color (BIPOC), Latinx people, people with disabilities, LGBTQ people, women, first-generation college students/professionals, and all marginalized individuals to apply, and recognizes the unique and valuable skills that such applicants can bring to this work.